Himachal Pradesh is a very famous vacation spot in India, not only for tourist bust for all. To have a good time, people travel from all over the country to come here. There is a wide variety of opportunities in Himachal Pradesh. It’s replete with picturesque landscapes, such as grassy plains, snow-capped mountains, clear lakes, and resort towns. Buddhist monasteries and Hindu temples are only two of the many sites of worship that can be found in Himachal Pradesh.
Bhrigu Lake is a glacial lake at a high elevation of 4270 meters above sea level. The Bhrigu lake trek begins in Manali. It is one of Himachal Pradesh’s most captivating short-distance treks. Bhrigu Lake trek allows you to see high-altitude alpine lakes, verdant meadows, and other natural wonders.
Bhrigu lake trek is a four-day hike in Himachal Pradesh. This lovely lake changes color with the seasons. In late summer, the color of this lake in Himachal is emerald green, but it turns blue in the summer, adding to its beauty. Bhrigu lake trek is one such trek that leads you to a heavenly experience. One of the most picturesque treks is the Bhrigu Lake trek, which is located in the Himachal Pradesh region of Kullu-Manali.
With the snow-covered, powerful, and majestic Himalayas in the background, the trip leads you through lush forests, lovely green meadows, and white streams of glacial rivers to a tranquil lake. Oh, but! To see and experience it for yourself, you need to go on this trek.
The Bhrigu Lake Trekking Route
To the east of Rohtang Pass in Himachal Pradesh’s Kullu District is where you’ll find Bhrigu Lake. Maharishi Bhrigu Lake was named in his honor. This prevents the lake from ever completely freezing over. This hike is perfect for families looking to get some fresh air and exercise while also connecting with nature. The hike reaches an altitude of almost 14,000 feet and is challenging for some, yet it is easily accessible from Manali. Gulaba, a small town, is located 14 kilometers from the lake. This hike is well-known for its picturesque scenery, which includes both grassy plains and cloud-covered mountains.
Trekking is a thrilling activity that will take you through a beautiful progression of excitement, delight, and pleasure. Trekking is an activity that allows you to experience the beauty and glamor of nature. Climbing a high mountain is tough and the trail teaches you to be patient and keep on your journey while enjoying the surrounding beauty of nature. The sensation of finally completing a task and reaching the pinnacle cannot be described in words. To experience such an exciting and majestic feeling you must go on a trekking journey.
Best time to visit Bhrigu Lake
Trekking to Bhrigu Lake is possible from May through October. However, since rain leaves the area susceptible to landslides, the best time to travel to this picturesque location is before the monsoon arrives in mid-July.
This Lake experiences summertime temperatures that range from 20 to 25°C during the day and 5 to 7°C at night. Wintertime temperatures range from 10 to 15°C during the day and drop to below zero at night. Travelers can enjoy seeing snow even in the early summers because the lake stays frozen for nearly six months.
Bhrigu lake Temperature
The average temperature at Bhrigu Lake is about 0°C to 10°C, whereas in summer the temperature is between 15°C to -25°C.
The average temperature in winter: 0°C to -10°C
The average temperature in summer: 15°C – 25°C
Bhrigu Lake Trek Package
Bhrigu Lake Trek Package:
- for 4 persons is ₹ 7,200.
- for 5 persons is ₹ 6,600.
- for 6 to 7 persons is ₹ 6,000.
This package includes:
- All meals from day 1 to day 3 (Breakfast, lunch, afternoon and evening snacks, and dinner, tea, etc.) All dishes are vegetarian.
- 2 nights camping on a twin-share basis at.
- Resident trekking guide, who communicates in Hindi and basic English.
- Hiking and camping permit fee.
- Transfer from Manali/Vashisht to Kurhan, the starting point of the trek.
Bhrigu Lake Trekking Tips
- Wear comfortable clothing either full sleeves shirts or sweatshirts.
- It’s the skin that dries in a moment when you’re on a high mountain. So, you must carry sunscreen.
- Must carry glucose powder because that can give you instant energy.
- Do not bring any suitcases while you are coming on the trek.
- Choose an easy trekking route for the first trek
- Carry low weight backpack.
- Carry emergency items like a first-aid kit, bandages, medication for headaches, surgical tape, antiseptic cream, sun cream, etc.
- Keep a down jacket, sweater, woolen trousers, and rain gear
- Carry a Toilet kit with extra towels, toilet paper, and soap
- Pocketknife and winter duffel bag
Bhrigu Lake trek is an unforgettable trekking experience one should plan for lifetime memories. The mesmerizing surrounding filled with mountains and lush green meadows housing a variety of flora and fauna offers amazing opportunities for the trekkers. If you wish to go for a memorable, short, and sweet trekking journey then the Bhrigu lake trek is just right for you.
Bhrigu Lake trek is an amazing trekking adventure through the lush green meadows with the beautiful and majestic snow-capped Himalayan mountains at the backdrop. This is a trekking experience that will depart you with loads of lifetime memories